Subscription plan options allow your end users to change their subscription plan in their preference centre. You can choose not to display any options, or define the options to display.
For further information on creating preference centre pages, and examples of the pages seen by your end users, see the Pages section.
Note: If an end user is currently on a phased plan, they cannot change their subscription plan.
To define whether your end users can change their subscription plan in their preference centre and select the available payment plans, complete the following steps:
- Select the Subscription Plan Options button in the Add a Site screen. The Subscription Plan Options screen displays, as illustrated below:
- By default, the Allow change subscription plan toggle is deselected. If you want end users to have the ability to change their subscription plan, select the Allow change subscription plan toggleA further field displays, as illustrated below:
- Select the Add A Payment Option button. The Add a Payment Option dialogue box displays, as illustrated below:
- Select the subscription plan you want to offer from the Select a plan drop-down menu. Note: You must have defined payment plans. For further information on defining payment plans, see the Payments topic.If you have several products set up, you can select plans for each product. The available plans are listed under each product, as illustrated below:
Note: If you have defined phased plans, these are not available for selection in the Select a plan drop-down menu.
- Enter the description of the plan as you want it to appear on your site in the Description text box. Note: If you want to format the text, for example to include a heading or a list, use the formatting bar at the top of the text box.
- Select the Add button to add the payment option to the end user’s preference centre and return to the Subscription Plan Options screen. Selecting the Cancel button displays the Subscription Plan Options screen without saving any changes
- Repeat steps 3 to 6 to add further payment options
- Select the Done button to save your updates and return to the Add a Site screen. Selecting the Cancel button displays the Add a Site screen without saving any changes
- If you subsequently change your payment provider, the associated payment options are disabled. You must create new payment options for your new payment provider
- Your end users can only change their subscription to another of the same billing frequency
- If your end user is subscribed to a phased plan, they cannot change their subscription