Use this guide to understand the different decision options available to you when creating a Zephr Rule within a Feature.
The options are found in the decision bar above your Rule Builder canvas. Click the segment title to see further options below it.
- Device Type: Define rules for users of specific devices – desktop, mobile, appliances, or crawlers.
- Country: Define rules for users browsing in specific countries.
- Date & Time: Define rules based on the date and time your user is accessing the Feature.
- User Field: Allows you to segment users based on User Schema information stored within their profile. Note: this requires user attributes to be set up within Zephr, and site users to be stored in the Zephr Identity Store.
- Published Date: Define rules for content older or newer than a certain time period (in hours)
- Meta Tags: Define rules for specific meta tags and values.
- URL: Define rules based on a specific URL or URL path.
- Sites/Site Groups: Define rules based on the site or site group a user is accessing the feature on.
- Trials: Allows you to grant a trial to the user accessing the feature. Set the parameters for your trial, such as the number of views the user should receive, and the frequency with which the trial should recur. Click Add Remaining Trial Count to specify different behaviour for users based upon the number of views they have remaining. Read our Creating a Trial guide for more details.
- Products: Define rules based on a user having a specific product grant.
- Sub Rule: Used to create a Sub Rule within your user journey. To use this, drag the node onto your canvas. Give your Sub Rule a title and click Save. This will open a new canvas, specifically for your Sub Rule. Build your Sub Rule as required. When you’re ready to join this Sub Rule to your main rule, select Output Option. Add an output option for every branch required to be connected from your Sub Rule, to your main Rule. Read our Sub Rule guide for more information.
Bucket Test Segments
- Bucket Test: Used to create a rule variation based upon a Bucket Test Group, as set up via Settings > Bucket Tests.
- Show: The ‘Show’ outcome varies based upon the name of your Feature. For example, an ‘Article’ feature will display this option as Show Article. This outcome allows full access to the content being served by the CMS, with no changes being made.
- Add Outcome: Allows you to create a unique outcome for the content – including building registration forms, payment forms, and custom code blocks. Read our Feature Outcomes guide for more details.
- Referrer: Define rules based on a user’s referrer.
- JWT Token: Define rules for specific JWT tokens
- User Agent: Define rules for users based on user agent.
- Browser: Define rules for users based on the browser they are using.
- Run Custom Script: Allows you to write a custom script for use as a custom decision point.