Rolling trials grant access on an ongoing basis.
To define a rolling trial, complete the following steps:
- Select Product from the main menu
- Select Features from the menu options
The Features screen displays.
- Select the feature for which you want to create a trial, or add a feature as described in the Add a Feature topic
- If you selected an existing feature, select the version for which you want to create a trial
- Select the user type to which you want to apply the rule
- In the Rules Builder, select the Advanced segment title
- Drag the Legacy Trials node to your canvas
The Trial dialog box displays, as illustrated below:
The fixed trial options display be default.
- Select the Rolling tab in the top right of the Trials dialog box
The options for defining a rolling trial display.
- Enter the number of views to allow in the Number of Views text box
Note: After saving the rule, and accessing the decision point again, the meters display above the Number of Views text box.
- Enter the period in days for which to count the views in the In the Last text box; or use the arrows to increment/decrement the number of days
- If required, enter the maximum number of views to allow in a period in the Up to a Maximum Number of Views (Optional) text box, and select the period for which to count the views from the Per drop-down menu
Note: After saving the rule, and accessing the decision point again, the meters display above the Up to a Maximum Number of Views text box.
- Select whether the number of views is measured in unique content or page views from the Trial Type radio buttons
- If you want to count pages with different query parameters as different views, select the Count pages with different query parameters separately checkbox
- If you want to use a different output for each remaining view, select the Add a Remaining View button and enter the count for which the node output applies in the Remaining Count text box
- If you want to report the use of the trial in the Data Layer:
- Select the Report trial usage in Data Layer toggle
- Define the information that you want to report by selecting the Report trial credits used and/or Report trial credits remaining toggles
- Enter the data layer key for the credits used in the Trial credits used data layer key text box, and/or the credits remaining in the Trial credits remaining data layer key text box
- If you want to report the maximum views in the data layer:
- Select the Report max views usage in Data Layer toggle
- Define the information that you want to report by selecting the Report max views credits used and/or the Report max views credits remaining toggles