Chargify is a payment provider and subscription management platform.
You can use the Chargify extension to do the following:
- Map Chargify price points with Zephr products to provide different options to allow end users to pay for your content
Any Zephr products that are configured with payment options can be added to Zephr payment forms. When an end user encounters the payment form, the process is as follows:
- The payment form is rendered using Chargify JS
- Payment details are submitted to Chargify
Note: The payment details are not passed through or stored by Zephr.
- After a successful payment, a customer record for the end user is created in Chargify if one does not already exist
Depending on the configuration, the corresponding user record can be kept up to date with information from Zephr. It is your responsibility to ensure that you have secured the relevant permissions from your end-users to conduct this processing.
Zephr does not take responsibility for any payment processing and cannot undertake actions such as dunning.
The extension currently only responds to
payment successevent notifications from Chargify.
- The end user is issued a temporary Zephr product grant, which allows immediate access to the relevant content
- Zephr listens for incoming webhook notifications from successful payment events
- When a webhook notification has been received, Zephr issues a product grant for the duration of the billing period plus a 24 hour grace period
The product grant is renewed following notification of the successful payment for that billing period
- Take payments
- Manage subscriptions for content
The Zephr Chargify integration supports the following:
- Multiple currencies
- Automatic synchronisation with currencies configured in your Chargify account
- Promo codes, known as coupons in Chargify
- Payments through PayPal
Before integrating Chargify with Zephr, you must have the following:
- A Chargify account, which has been configured with products and price point IDs
- Zephr user attributes, which have been configured for end user first names and last names
This is required as Chargify requires all customer records to have an email, first name and last name. These details must also be configured in Zephr.
To configure Chargify, you must do the following:
- Enable the Chargify extension, as described in the Set Up Chargify in the Admin Console topic
- Configure a webhook in Chargify, as described in the Configure a Webhook in Chargify topic
- Configure your products and price points in Chargify. For further information on products and price points in Chargify, refer to the Products section of the Chargify documentation
- Optionally, configure promo codes in your Zephr payment forms, as described in the Enable Promo Codes topic
For further information on the flow for creating a payment form powered by Chargify and Zephr, see the Example Chargify Payment Form Creation topic.