To create a global Login Provider, complete the following steps:
- Select the Settings icon ()
- Select Login Providers
The Login Providers screen displays, as illustrated below:
- Select the Add a Login Provider button
The Add Login Provider screen displays, as illustrated below:
- Enter a name for the login provider in the Name text box
- Select the login provider from the Type radio buttons. The options are as follows:
- To use the selected login provider by default for all new sites, select the Use this login provider as default
for all new sites checkbox
Note: Global login providers are not added to existing sites. You can manage the login provider used for a site, as described in the Login Providers section.
- Enter the client ID for the selected login provider in the Client ID text box
- Enter the secret key for the selected login provider in the Client Secret text box
Note: For further information on obtaining the client ID and secret key for your chosen login provider, see the Obtain Client ID and Secret Key topic.
- Select the Add User Attribute and Field Name button to associate a user attribute with a field name used by your login provider
The information returned from the login provider populates the User Profile Information in the Admin Console and is used to pre-fill relevant sections of the form. For further information on the User Profile Information, see the Users topic.
The Attribute Mapping dialog box displays, as illustrated below:
To map a user attribute to a field name, complete the following steps:
- Select the user attribute from the User Attribute drop-down menu
- Enter the field name to map to the selected user attribute in the Field Name text box
If the login provider uses nested fields, enter the nested field names in this text box, separated by a period (.).
Note: For further information on obtaining the field names for your chosen login provider, see the Obtain Exposed Field Names topic.
- Select the Save button to save your changes and return to the Add Login Provider screen. Selecting the Cancel button displays the Add Login Provider screen without saving any changes
- Select the Save button to save your changes and return to the Login Providers screen. Selecting the Cancel button displays the Login Providers screen without saving the login provider
Repeat these steps to add another global login provider.
You can add as many global login providers of the same type as you require; for example, you can add multiple different Facebook login providers. However, each site can only use one login provider of each type.